Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome! Let the games begin

Welcome to my more personal blog.  If you're here from 'The Espresso Scrap Shoppe" then you are used to me doing things a certain way.  Those rules don't apply here LOL  By coming here you risk being offended and shocked.  I will be offering up projects I have done/am doing/will be doing and they won't always be completed when they are posted.  I will post up cool things I found and most likely bought at yard sales, The Hope Center and Goodwill. I will show you how I think outside the box and how that can get messy most of the time. I also plan to review new movies, maybe some games and give my opinion on any news that happens to unfortunately come to my attention.  Alex thinks I border (if not seriously stretch over the line) on being a conspiracy theory driven nutjob.  Maybe he's right, but that doesn't mean I am wrong.


As I need to make this short I will leave you with one of my neverending pet peeves.  OK maybe two quickies LOL


#1  Have you ever seen those sales advertisements that say 50% off!  Come and spend $100 and get 25% off your purchase PLUS if you buy 'Product X' we'll give you another 25% off.  Here's a heads up This is one of those times that 25 and 25 DO NOT EQUAL 50.  Follow me people - 25% off of $100 Leaves $75 Then 25% off off $75 leaves $56.25.  Hello?  That's NOT 50%  If you don't believe me, go ahead, get your own calculator and punch those numbers ;)


#2  What is with the toilet paper companies?  DOUBLE ROLL MY EYE  Again bring the calculator.  Add up the number of feet in a 24 pack of single rolls and a 12 pack of double rolls.  Don't forget to check if they are single ply or double.  Don't want to bring a calculator?  Fine pick up one pack of each and stroll on over to the department that has the scales and plop each of them down and check the weight.  Don't tell me 12 less little thin cardboard tubes makes up that much of a difference.  And just in closing here, check out the drastic difference in prices.  We were at Wal-Mart the other day and it was $5.99 for 12 'double rolls" and $11.97 for the 24 single roll pack.  Ummmmmm the little bit of outer packaging they are saving - and again those 12 little cardboard rolls aren't creating a 50% price difference (ok 49% LOL)


OK I have a lot of work to do and it's almost midnight which means I will probably be up all night and Alex will be home from work soon ;)  


Leave me a comment I'd love to hear your opinion and if you have found anything similar, let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment